You can browse the SITE without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- 1) email address, phone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- 2) transactional information based on your activities on the SITE;
- 3) shipping, billing and other information you provide to receive a GiftBack or ship an item;
- 4) community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- 5) other information from your interaction with the SITE, services, content and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- 6) additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of a GiftBack you list);
- 7) information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- 8) other supplemental information from third parties.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference in your USER PROFILE or by following the directions provided with the communication.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- 1) provide the services and customer support you request;
- 2) resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- 4) customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- 5) tell you about our services, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- 6) compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- 7) send autodialed and prerecorded messages regarding transactions and fee collections to the telephone numbers (including wireless and cellular) you have provided us;
- 8) and other uses as described when we collect the information.
Registration and sharing through third-party services.
We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into the SITE. With your permission, Community Funded may also transfer to Community Funded profile information contained in your third-party profile. Community Funded may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to discontinue such sharing, you will be able to do so through your USER PROFILE page.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- 1) Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- 2) Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- 3) Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other eBay user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on CommunityFunded.com
Your User ID is displayed throughout the SITE (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your SITE activity. Other people can see your pledges, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your SITE activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from the SITE, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from CommunityFunded.com
The SITE enables you to share personal and information to complete transactions and collect GiftBacks. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other’s name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- 1) CommunityFunded.com transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- 2) using services offered through the SITE; or
- 3) other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- 3) Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- 4) You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- 5) You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your CommunityFunded.com password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify CommunityFunded.com and change your password.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.